Painting outdoors

technique.

Moderator: Hub

Painting outdoors

Postby MarcoPau » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello guys, I've been lurking this forum for the past few days and I have to say thanks to all of you for the amazing resource it actually is! I love these places where people just share their passion and experience.

I'm a hobby painter/restorer and I have a little experience and equipment, but unfortunately the biggest problem is always the place where to do the job: as I mentioned in the subject I work outside in the backyard. Basically, what gives me the most headache is mosquitoes and midges. I usually paint around noon, when it's warm and dry, but doing that I often get midges stuck onto the wet paint. I can pretty much save it by block sanding the bug and buffing, but that's not really the best solution. Do you have any good hint in order to at least reduce the problem? I saw quite many vids with people happily painting in their open garages or even in the backyards, but I actually never had the nicest experience. It also sucks with overspray, as all the paint dust blows around with the wind and I have to be extremely careful with masking.

See you in the forum and happy spraying to everybody!

Thanks in advance
MarcoPau
LPH-50

Return to Spraying