copper pipping

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

copper pipping

Postby painter john » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Was looking on the sharpe site and it states that copper should not be used for air pipping as basically it could lead to colour problems in paint is my taking on it.I had noticed for a few weeks after I fitted copper pipping that there was a copper scum inside the filter bowls.
Just wondered what any of you think on this
painter john
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:09 am

Hey PJ,
Copper (types L & K ) is one of the most preferred materials used for compressed air delivery systems. An important function of compressed air piping is to dissipate heat & cool the compressed air - copper does this best. The residue you see is probably from the solder and the new pipe itself. What you see will fade away with time. I have been in this business for a hundred years and I have yet to see or hear of any color mismatches cause by copper piping.
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

copper pipping

Postby painter john » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Hub,no matter how good we seem to try and do things there's always someone to tell us different ,what would we do without you to keep us o the straight and narrow. :wink:
painter john
LPH-50

copper pipping

Postby painter john » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks for the reply Hub,no matter how good we seem to try and do things there's always someone to tell us different ,what would we do without you to keep us o the straight and narrow. :wink:
painter john
LPH-50

Return to Air compressors