Compressor help

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

Compressor help

Postby Will_K » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 am

Hello everyone I have a couple questions for you all. First im looking to buy a compressor around the 5hp 60 or 80 gallon range but I have a run about sixty feet from the area im going to put the compressor to the work area and it has a steep decline. So im wondering if it would even work and if it can what are some good brands of compressors and what kind.of materials would I need to get the air from my compressor to the work area. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...thanx in advance...
Will_K
LPH-50

Re: Compressor help

Postby Hub » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 am

Will_K wrote:Hello everyone I have a couple questions for you all. First im looking to buy a compressor around the 5hp 60 or 80 gallon range but I have a run about sixty feet from the area im going to put the compressor to the work area and it has a steep decline. So im wondering if it would even work and if it can what are some good brands of compressors and what kind.of materials would I need to get the air from my compressor to the work area. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...thanx in advance...

For what purpose are you going to use the compressed air. - The decline could be an advantage - discribe the layout.
The 60 feet from compressor to work area could also be a plus. At that distance you'll need to increase the ID of the pipe.
Choices for pipe material - Copper, - Aluminum, Galvanized, or black iron - PVC is a no no. Send a sketch of the proposed compressor location and the route to the work area to my PM and I'll give you an idea or two
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Will_K » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Wats up hub, thanx for the reply. I got a picture of the area but I dont know how to send it to your pm. When I click on your name it does not show anything to send you a pm. Im going to be using the air mainly to paint. To best describe the layout, its pretty much down some stairs(52 steps to be exact). So as far as the decline I hope that gives u a general idea. I just got my laptop working so ill try to post the pic to this thread.
Will_K
LPH-50

Postby Will_K » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:51 pm

eh hub i tried posting the pic but it says the file is to large. So if possible i could email you the pic so you can check it out.
Will_K
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 am

Will_K wrote:eh hub i tried posting the pic but it says the file is to large. So if possible i could email you the pic so you can check it out.

Okay Will,
Got the pic - and working on a plan.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Air compressors