New piping for compressor

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

New piping for compressor

Postby Yamaha236 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 am

Hub, I changed my routing to your proposed routing. I was getting a little moisture at the gun so I changed this first. I will see if this helps, if not I may need to do something else. Maybe add another filter.

Before
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... G_1518.jpg

After
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... _22672.jpg

This is the only filter I have right now. Also, should I replace the union with a brass one insted of the galvanized?
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac32 ... G_1520.jpg

I have ran about forty foot of 3/4 copper pipe to get to the filter.
Dave 236
Yamaha236
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT / QUESTION

Postby Hub » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 am

Looks good to me Dave. The drain leg is short so get in the habit of clearing it every morning.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)

Post Script

Is that a custom built air blow gun I see on the brace just behind the filter regulator :?:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Yamaha236 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:22 am

Thanks Hub! Not a blow gun, just an air chuck. So is the galvanized union ok? Will my sata filter be effective for removing my moisture or should I put another filter closer to the compressor for extra protection?
Dave 236
Yamaha236
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:44 am

Yamaha236 wrote:Thanks Hub! Not a blow gun, just an air chuck. So is the galvanized union ok? Will my sata filter be effective for removing my moisture or should I put another filter closer to the compressor for extra protection?

Brass would have been better - but I think you'll be okay, especially if you covered the threads generously with teflon tape. The air control unit you have will remove all liquid oil and water - but not water in a vapor form (CAH). A filter closer to the compressor would have no advantage what so ever. If you want or need compressed air with zero % of CAH
you'd need either a Desiccant or a Membrane air drying system.
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Yamaha236 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:54 am

Ok thanks for all the help Hub! Will I be ok to paint with the regulator and filters I have? would your recomend using a desicant snake? The membrain and desicant filters are pretty expensive for what I will be doing out of my garage.
Dave 236
Yamaha236
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 am

Yamaha236 wrote:Ok thanks for all the help Hub! Will I be ok to paint with the regulator and filters I have? would your recomend using a desicant snake? The membrain and desicant filters are pretty expensive for what I will be doing out of my garage.

Hey Dave,
Ye old snake does work, but for how long, that would depend on the CAH percentage in your airline. Before you buy anything ask your local paint supplier it they could test your air. The precentage may be low enough.
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby mtptl » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 am

My only good idea is for you to forget about this project. You first question should have been how do I size a pressure safety valve for my system. You clearly know nothing about engineering, high pressure or high pressure compressors. Even a pressure of 300 psi or less can put you in the hospital or morgue.

I say this because I took a good friend of mine, who was an experienced technician, to the hospital for extensive surgery after over pressuring a three gallon 200 psi air tank. He spent two weeks in the hospital.

===================
Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette
mtptl
LPH-50

Postby Yamaha236 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:28 am

You obviously dont know wht YOU are talking about! My compressor wont make over 150 PSI AND it does have a pressure relase switch installed from the FACTORY. Its a very safe system. Its all copper pipe NOT PVC. Sorry to say but IMO your comments are out of line. :D
Dave 236
Yamaha236
LPH-50

something to say

Postby Dlorah » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:28 am

Hey Dave you got that right, MTPTL must be smoking something and I'll bet it isn't electronic.
DN
Dlorah
LPH-50

Re: something to say

Postby Hub » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 am

Dlorah wrote:Hey Dave you got that right, MTPTL must be smoking something and I'll bet it isn't electronic.
DN

Hey DN,
Help me keep this forum informative and fun.
Thank you,
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Air compressors